Recently relaxed planning laws in the UK means that we can more easily extend our homes without the need for planning permission.
Most families long for more space and room in their homes. Extending a home is not always easy. Extending a concrete or brick built house is expensive, time consuming and messy. In most cases planning permission is required, and this takes time.
A much easier, quicker and cheaper way to extend your property is to construct a log cabin. Cabin kits can be bought at very reasonable prices and offer many benefits over bricks and morter construction methods.
Log Cabin Kit Benefits
- Cost – A complete log cabin kit, that is ready to construct, can be bought from as little as £2,000.
- Ease – The kit contains everything you need to construct the building, and comphrensive instructions are included. All parts are machined at high quality mills so that the parts fit together perfectly.
- Time – Two people with some DIY experience can construct the cabin in a weekend, using only screwdrivers, hammers and a utility knife.
- Planning permission – There are many cabins that are less than 2.5 metres in height. These cabins can normally be built without planning permission. In fact cabins taller than 2.5 metres can also be built as long as the cabin is not within 2 metres of a boundary.
- Energy efficiency – The cabins are made from high quality wood that is energy efficient. Cabins with twin skin walls can be purchased that allow an insulating material to be added to the cavity, given extremely energy efficient buildings.
- Reduced environmental impact – The best cabin timbers are sourced from sustainable forests, meaning that the wood is from a renewable source. The cabin kit is delivered in one package using a single lorry. This has much less environmental impact than bricks or concrete buildings where multiple lorries will delver planet damaging materials.
- Lifetime – Log cabins are easy to treat and maintain. When treated properly the buildings will last a lifetime.
- Quality – The materials used throughout the cabins are very high quality. The windows and doors are typically double glazed. The residential buildings have safety glass as standard.
Types of cabin
There are many types of log cabin. The most popular uses for the buildings are summer houses, play rooms for the kids, extra bedrooms, very high quality sheds, garages, offices and studios. The kits are very versatile and can be used for a huge variety of uses.
The kits are such high quality that complete four bedroom homes can be purchased and constructed in only a few weeks. Surely there is not a quicker and cheaper way to build a complete family home.